This Policy only covers data collected through this website or in the course of our board and executive search and assessment services for clients. This Policy does not cover any other data collection or processing, including, without limitation, data collection practices of other web pages to which we link. From time to time, we may refer to this Policy in notices and consent requests, for example related to candidate searches or surveys; under such circumstances, this Policy applies as modified in the particular notice or consent request.
If you visit our website, please note the following:
- Collection Methods: When you send a message to us or otherwise send us data via our website, we can collect and use your name and email address. You will know what data we collect through the website, because you actively submit it.
- Collection Purposes, Use of Data: We use the data we collect from our website for the following general purposes (this list is not exhaustive): to respond to the request that you sent us, such as your request for information on our services or your job search; to administer, protect and improve our website and our systems; to better understand the preferences of our website visitors; to compile aggregated statistics about website usage; and to inform you about our services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” or other similar technologies. Cookies allow the website to measure traffic activity on the website.
- Disclosures of Personal Information: We are not in the business of selling or renting your information to third parties and do not share your personally identifiable information with others, except as follows: we freely share your information within the firm; we may share your information as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, for example, in connection with court proceedings or requests from law enforcement officials. Also, we reserve the right to use and disclose any information collected via the website that is not in personally identifiable form.
- Security: Transmissions over the Internet are not completely secure or error-free. We take appropriate measures, however, to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
If you are engaged with us as a potential candidate or otherwise in connection with our delivery of board and executive search and assessment services, please note the following:
- Data Collection: To provide our clients with board and executive search and assessment services and communication and collaboration among employees of the firm globally, the firm collects and processes information relating to individuals (referred to as “Personal Information”) which typically includes information in a standard curriculum vitae (e.g., name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, employment history, degree(s) and other qualifications, languages and other skills). It may also include, without limitation: age, nationality and race (only to the extent allowed by law), compensation details, a record of our contact history with you and comments from third parties. Our records derive from information collected directly from you, publicly available sources and third parties.
- Data Usage: We will use Personal Information to contact you about board and executive search or assessment assignments conducted for our clients that involve the identification, evaluation and/or selection of qualified candidates. We, or our client, may also provide Personal Information to applicable regulators. In addition, we may also collect demographic information about you to assist our clients in addressing their diversity needs. Depending on how far your candidacy progresses, we will verify the accuracy of Personal Information with regard to academic and professional qualifications, skills and credentials, work performance, and check or confirm references. We understand the sensitive nature of this endeavor, and we will not speak to your current employer without your express permission, but if there is any other individual we should not contact, please inform the the firm consultant with whom you are working or the Privacy Officer at the address below.
- Data Storage: Your information is maintained on the firm’s global database, which is secure and accessible only to the firm employees worldwide. Outside the the firm network, your information may also be disclosed on a confidential basis to (a) clients who will also need to process your information for the purposes we have described in this Policy; (b) third parties when required by law; and (c) service providers, but only to the extent necessary to perform work directed by us (such as security services, web hosting, background checking and other administrative services). Personal Information is retained until the purposes have been fulfilled or otherwise required by law.
- Transfer of Personal Information: The recipients of Personal Information (and the servers that hold your information) may be located in jurisdictions outside your home jurisdiction that may have data privacy laws that do not provide the same level of protection as those in your home jurisdiction or the European Economic Area. The firm is committed to protecting your information, and we will take appropriate technical, organizational and legal measures to secure your Personal Information. Please be assured that we do not sell your information to third parties or use the information for purposes that are incompatible with those set forth herein.
- Your Rights: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time or to access and request that we rectify or remove your record from our system(s). When asked to remove a record from our database, the firm will retain minimal Personal Information in order to prevent future contact, to keep a record of the information disclosed to our clients and to preserve the firm’s interests in accordance with any applicable legal requirements. If you withdraw your consent to our Policy you will not be able to be a part of a the firm search or assessment project. You may exercise these rights by contacting the Data Privacy Officer. The firm will comply with any request as required by law.
This Policy is effective as of June 1, 2013. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time, at our sole discretion, and will inform you if we make material changes by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated or otherwise. When you visit the website or are engaged with us in connection with our board and executive search and assessment services, you are accepting the current version of this Policy as posted on the site at that time.
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions, complaints or suggestions you might have regarding the information or practices described in this Policy.